How Life Coaches Help
You can expect your life coach to ask you a series of questions to help you reach your recovery goals. The coach will offer helpful suggestions and give the advice to aid in your recovery. Your coach will help you with the following:
- Developing and implementing a plan of action for recovery
- Providing stability for you during your recovery effort
- Encouraging your success by removing obstacles to treatment and recovery
- Offering mentorship and guidance during and after residential treatment
- Providing you with educational materials for detox and treatment, as well as finding online or community support groups
- Encouraging your recovery effort by being a good role model and praising you for positive behaviors
- Giving you advice on how to accomplish daily tasks
- Becoming your champion, both inside and outside of treatment
- Assisting you with gaining access to professional services, such as attorneys, psychologists, and other local resources
- Providing peer support services
Life Coaching Following Residential Treatment
Once you finish residential treatment, you’re still going to need support and advice. Your life coach will be there to help you every step of the way and keep you on track after you complete the residential treatment program. Your life coach will be there to guide you once you leave treatment and they will give you the positive coping skills you need to beat your addiction and avoid relapsing. When you get stressed from life, your life coach is there to give you a helping hand and encourage you to stay positive and not give into temptation. Your life coach will assist you with your life goals, your place in the community, relationships, and education. Your coach will also hold you accountable for your actions and give you the tools you need to carry on with life after residential treatment so that you can function in a positive manner without the use of drugs or alcohol.
Don’t be discouraged and feel like you have to shoulder the burden of your addiction alone. Your life coach will be there every step of the way to ensure you meet your recovery goals. They will help you stay on track and give you the advice and access to resources to keep you from relapsing. With their help, you will be able to live a fulfilling and happy life.